Here are 101 Jobs You Can Do From Home
We recently did a live show where we went through some of the things you can do to make sure your online business comes through the current crisis stronger than it was at the start, To help you here is a list of 101 jobs you can do from home.
I'll add a resources section to the end of the article and I'll link to the live show and accompanying podcast along with other useful resources .
The first thing to take to heart is that if you are an Online Marketer or want to be an Online Marketer this is an opportunity for you to do all the things you should be doing but always seem to slip away.
For example, you can create better funnels, rewrite email sequences, prepare content, do a full content audit, improve your skills, revisit courses you purchased and re-watch them.
You also have a lot of skills you can use use to help other businesses so consider setting up a service business and offering your services to others.
This article looks at 113 Virtual Jobs that you can do from home
Whether you call them Virtual jobs, Virtual assistant jobs, work from home jobs or if you call your self a Virtual Assistant, a VA, a Digital Nomad or even a Mompreneur supplying an online service is one of the fastest ways to generate an online income.
In this post I want to look at
101 112 jobs you can do online, although I over time there will be a lot more added.
Defining Virtual Jobs
I don't particularly like the term virtual jobs as it tends to give the impression of it being less that a "Real Job".
Being a virtual assistant, digital nomad or whatever you want to call it is just as valid a job as any other in fact I would go as far as to say that these jobs are the future and Virtual Workers are the pioneers.
I define a virtual job as being any skilled task that can be performed by a location independent person. You are in every way a freelancer.
Throughout this article I'll mix and match the terms virtual worker, virtual assistant, service based business, virtual jobs etc. They all pretty much mean the same thing and are performed in the same manner.
Getting The Biggest Bang For Your Buck
While there is no doubt that you can pick up a lot of work on these sites they do take a healthy chunk of your income and you are in competition with many other virtual workers some of whom have much lower living costs than you and who can happily "low ball' their offers.
The solution to this is to work directly with clients, this isn't difficult but it does require you to have a framework in place which includes a landing page and communication channels.
All this is simple to achieve, my wife has been a content writer for 8 years a a while back she decided to create a new service and it took 3 hours to build it... yes just 3 hours. Within a few hours of starting to spread the word she had her first clients.
The upsides of creating your own service business and promoting it yourself are many.
You will be earning much more.
You have a business that you can quickly scale and grow.
You have a business that can be sold on
You have a client base that you can connect with when you add new services
You have clients that can help you get new jobs.
Where To Start?
The first thing to do is to do an audit of the skills you have and the tools you use on a daily basis.
Next list the tasks you are happy to do, if you don't enjoy doing a task for your own business you'll hate doing it for someone else.
Don't skimp on this task open every piece of software on your computer and every piece of software you have access to online.
Once you've created this offer it's time to decide which services you can offer.
What Services To Offer?
The services you offer can range for the simple to the more complicated, from installing a plugin to creating a complete website.
You are only limited by your skills.
Too many people just assume that they can only offer mainstream skills like creating graphics and content writing far from it, there are thousands of services people need every day.
Before you start take time to refer to the list of every skill you have and every software tool you've used.
You'll be surprised at what skills you have. One of the first tasks I do with clients I mentor is to list their assets this include both tools and things they own and also skills they have. I've never had one person not be surprised at the end.
For example if you can use mind-mapping software to turn concepts and ideas into plans you can sell that service.
Preparing Your Offer
The next step is to prepare a landing page that lays out the services you offer.. and how they can contact you!
Make sure you include a chat app, your email address or any other contact methods you can use. The easier it is to make contant and the quicker to get the conversation started the more clients you'll pick up.
Next start to reach out and find clients, there are FB groups dedicated to this, you can run simple ads on Facebook
"Need Cool Graphics For Your Blog?"
We provide awesome branded graphics to the travel industry click here for examples
Don't over think it, call out your ideal client.
- Find The Services You Can Offer
- Create a Landing page
- Find Clients
- Communicate with them
Below you'll find the list of 113 different virtual jobs that you can perform, there are going to be many more so just use this to spark your Imagination
Before we get to them here are some resources that will help you get up and running.
One option to consider is creating a course around a skill you may have, anything from caring for cacti to bell ringing can make a great course. Read more about it in the following post: How To Sell Online Courses – Increase Course sales in 2021
Simplify Your Marketing - Our Free Community for online marketers.
Build A Service Business - This is a case study where we set up a service business and get our first client in under 72 hours it was part of the Serious Marketers Only Pro All Access Pass but we've made it available to non-members
The Live Show - In this live show we looked at how you can come out of the current crisis much stronger.
Podcast (and every good podcast service search for "The Friday Live Thing")
101 Virtual Jobs You Can Do From Home
Let's get started with listing the jobs, i'll try to break them down into general broad categories then list related services you can offer.
These are designed primarillary to spark your Imagination and give you ideas of just some of the tasks you can do.
To start with I've broken this down into 2 sections, jobs based on your tech skills with tools and software and jobs based on traditional Virtual Assistant jobs, there maybe a little bit of crossover with these
Please add suggestions in the comments section and we'll grow this baby.
Your Tech/Skills Stack - Software You Can Use
1.Spreadsheets -(excel, numbers, Openoffice, google sheets)
2. Slide software - ( Powerpoint, Keynote, Google Slides)
3. Infusionsoft - setting up Infusion soft campaigns
4. Email Service Providers (Activecampaign, Drip, Convertkit)
6. Videos tools -( iMovie, Camtasia, Screenflow)
7. YouTube - uploading and seoing videos
8. Creating and managing Facebook ads
9. Adwords/bing - creating and managing Adwords and bing ads
10. Lead generation tools - creating landing pages and funnels with Clickfunnels , Leadpages etc
11. Traffic and conversions - creating tracking systems & reports using tracking tools
Roles Of A VA
- General Virtual Assistant (GVA)
- Audio / Video Editor
- Content Writer
- SEO / Web Marketer
- Graphic / Web Designer
- Web Developer
General VA Tasks
1. Filtering Emails / Managing Spam
2. Database Building / Updating Contacts or CRM
3. Answering Customer Service Emails /Tickets / Chat Support
4. Sending of Greetings eCards, Event Invitations, etc.
5. Calendar Management
6. Appointment Scheduling
7. Travel Arrangement and Planning
8. Reminder Services
9. Dropbox / Google Drive Organization
10. Data Entry in Word, or Google Docs
11. Creating / Managing Spreadsheets
12. Preparing Powerpoint / keynote Presentations
13. PDF Conversion, Splitting and Merging
14. Transcription of Video and Audio Files
15. Simple eBook Layout / Formatting
16. Preparing Online Meeting Minutes
17. Report Creation
18. Forms Creation
19. Document Template Creation
20. Online Research
21. Data Mining & Development / Lead Generation
22. Blog Publishing Management
23. Moderating Blog Comments
24. Adding Tags & Images to Blog Posts
25. Receptionist Duties
26. Voicemail Checking
27. Sending Client Invoices
28. Basic Bookkeeping (MYOB, XERO & Quickbooks)
29. Personal Errands (Purchasing Gifts Online, etc.)
30. Project Management & Training Tasks
31. Project Management Between You and Team members
32. Preparation of Training Materials
33. Training of New Virtual Staff
34. Deadline / Deliverables Tracking
35. Social Media Management Tasks
36. Creating Facebook Fan Pages / Groups
37. Posting and Scheduling Facebook Insights
38. Promoting Facebook Pages
39. Collating and Interpreting Facebook Insights
40. Creating a Twitter Account
41. Managing and Increasing Your Twitter Following
42. Schedule Tweets and Track Mentions and Hashtags
43. Create and Manage LinkedIn Account / Profile
44. Create Pinnable Images on Pinterest
45. Scheduling and Tracking Pins
46. Create and Manage YouTube Account
47. Upload Videos on YouTube
48. Moderating YouTube Comments
49. Uploading Videos to other Video Sharing Sites / Social Media
50. Answer inquiries and Messages on All Channel & Profiles
51. Create Slideshare Presentations
52. Creating a New List in Email Marketing Software
53. Adding and Removing Subscribers from Lists
54. Creating and Scheduling Broadcast Emails to Promote Content
55. Editing Follow-up Emails and Auto-responders
56. Creating Email Newsletters
57. Editing / Proofreading Emails
Audio/Video Editor Tasks
58. Basic Editing of Audio Files
59. Removing Background Noise from Audio and Video
60. Adding Intro’s and Outro’s to Videos
61. Basic Photoshop / Image Editing (Not Graphic Design)
62. Powerpress (Podcasting WP Plugin) Installation
63. Podcast Setup on iTunes
64. Podcast Insertion on Blogpost
Content Writer Tasks
65. Content / Blog Post Creation 66. Guest Blogging / Ghost Blogging
67. SEO Writing
68. Press Release Writing
69. Newsletter Writing
70. Copywriting (Don’t Suggest Sales Copy)
71. Directory Submission
72. Article Spinning
73. Article Marketing
SEO/Web Marketer Tasks
74. Site Analysis
75. Keyword Research for Blog Content
76. Competitor Analysis
77. Landing Page Set-up/Creation
78. Web Master Submission
79. Sitemap Submissions
80. On-page optimization for a post / page
81. Off-page optimization for a post / page
82. Social Bookmarking (Digg, Stumble Upon, Reddit, Digg, Delicious)
83. Creating a Social Bookmarking Tracking Sheet
84. Blog Commenting – Off Page Optimization
85. Forum Participation / Moderation
86. Creating Backlinks / Link Buidling
87. Weekly / Monhtly Google Analytics & Traffic Reports
88. Monthly Keyword Ranking Reports
Graphic/Web Designer Tasks
89. Designing Logos, Banners, Icons, eBook Covers and Headers
90. Designing Infographics Images (Content Provided)
91. Designing Websites, Creating Mock-Ups
92. Designing Landing / Sales / Opt-In Pages
93. Basic Video Editing (Splicing Intros & Outros with Raw Footage)
Web Developer Tasks
94. Support and Develop WordPress (PHP) Websites
95. Install WordPress PlugIns and Themes
96. WordPress Theme Customization
97. WordPress Functionality and PlugIn Enhancement
98. Site Maintenance / Security and Troubleshooting
99. CRM Integration & Social Media Integration
100. Payment Gateway Integration
101. Install and Support an Email Ticketing System (eg. ZenDesk)